Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I got 2nd place on the FW3 fishing competition

Yo~~~~~~~~ Guys 14 dec was the best day for me in 2008 so far kekeke together a group of friends went for the competition in fw3, its a freshwater catch and release pond that holds lots of freshwater fushes.

Prizes for the competition
1st: $500 cash
2nd: $200 cash
3rd: $100 cash

3 bonus prize of $100 each

In the morning about 7am ming kun came to pick me up from my place but the weather don't look good as it was raining hai.... sian... but nothing can stop us kekeke.The competition start at 9am but we are the few early birds there, me and ming kun reach about 8am and set up our stuff waiting for the rest of the guys.

Desmond, roger and his son came just in time before the competition starts

Total anglers from our side: 5
1: Me
2: roger
3: desmond
4: ming kun
5: justin


Thomas, blurry, TT and cindy came to cheer us up too


The compy start on 9am

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



First half of the day was raining anglers on and off landing fishes but i had not much luck, i almost gave up. I had try baits and lures but nothing seem to be taking mine. Someone had landed a 26kg CPC aka Chao Praya catfish that puts him in the top place follow by a 6.9kg redtail cat in the 2nd place, 3rd place was an 5.5kg barra.

On the compy day fw3 provided lunch for anglers which are taking part in the competition

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally i gave up on lures decided to cast and park my baits, Justin bought 3 packs of hum aka croakers as bait kekeke so i rigged up and cast about 5 meter out and wait....

I had a pull but when i manage to grap my rod the fish was gone....... i was like damn boring liao lor after that nb... nvm re-rig again. after about 15mins or so rod bend line out i ran to grap my rod, set set set fish on i can see the CPC on the surface of the water. It only took me less than 10mins to bring the 15kg CPC up. I was so happy when the fish is up lor haha and it was also my first cat in fw3, and it put me in the 2nd place somemore.......

Thanks to the poeple that net the fish for me

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tips: rig up as much hum as you can on your hooks kekekeke.

After landed the cat about 45mins later i hitted another Cat again but i did not manage to bring the cat up as i'm to careless liao my main line was cutted off by the side edge of the pond while i pumping the fish in. hai.... if it was landed i will be in the 2nd and 3rd place lor.

Compy ends at 5pm


1st place winner

Photobucket

2nd place winner

Photobucket

3rd place winner

Photobucket

3 bonus prize winner

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Below are few catches after the compy

Photobucket

A small cat by roger's son

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you FW3
we had a joyful day

All the best FW3

No comments:

Post a Comment